- 4 pork chops, 2cm thick, rind nicked in 1cm intervals
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Brine
- 30 g sugar
- 15 g salt
- 300 water
- Place the sugar, salt and water into a stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, dissolve slowly, and then cool.
- Make up the total weight back up 315g with cold water.
- Press the pork cutlets out with the back of the knife
- Place the cutlets into a glass, ceramic or stainless-steel bowl.
- Pour over the cold brine and mix well, then leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Drain the pork well, then pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Pan fry for 3-4 minutes gently on each side. It should still be pink in the centre
- Cover the pan with a little foil and leave the chops off the heat to rest for 10 minutes
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket