- 1 tbsp table salt, heaped
- 1 tbsp sugar, heaped
- 4 2-3cm thick pork chops, rind removed
- 4 tbsp cornflour, arrowroot or tapioca starch
- vegetable oil
- Mix the salt and sugar together really well.
- Spoon half evenly over the 4 chops.
- Turn the chops over and repeat with the other half of the mix, then leave for 20 minutes, turning again after 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off under cold running water and pat really dry on a kitchen towel.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil, the dust each chop with a little starch on both sides, don't go mad, just a light dusting.
- Place straight into the hot oil and gently cook for 5-6 minutes, turn over and cover loosely with a little foil and pop under a hot grill or in the oven for a further 5-6 minutes.
- When just cooked, remove the pan from the oven leave it to rest for 10 minutes under the foil.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket