Recipe from JML's Bubbles & Brunch event.
- 30 g sugar
- 15 g salt
- 300 ml water
- 4 2cm thick pork cutlets, boned, skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine or malt vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 55 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To create the brine, place the sugar, salt and water into the Grill Circle® saucepan. Bring to the boil and dissolve slowly, then cool.
- Press the pork cutlets out with the back of a knife. Place the cutlets into a glass, ceramic or stainless steel bowl. Pour over the cold brine and mix well, then leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the salad and dressing. To prepare the salad, cut the lettuce heads into 3 or 4 wedges, then the same with the tomatoes. Mix the sliced red onion in a bowl with the mustard and vinegar, then add to the lettuce and tomatoes. Pour over the olive oil in a thin stream and mix well. Finally add the grated cheese, lightly mix and season well with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, remove the chops from the brine and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Heat the Grill Circle® to a No.4 setting and then grill the chops for 3-4 minutes. Turnover, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove and rest covered with foil for 10 minutes. Serve the chops with the salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket