This is a super easy slow cooker recipe, and I like to serve with Poppadoms, Basmati rice and Raita.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried chilli seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 700 g large diced lamb shoulder , most fat removed
- 125 mls boiling water, approx.
- 1 lamb stock cube
- ½ tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 tbsp double cream
- Place the CrockPot onto the stove, add the oil and warm gently.
- Add the spices, cook gently for 2-3 minutes to release their flavour; do not burn.
- Add the garlic, onions, ginger, again cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes to coat well in the spices and oil.
- Next, add the lamb, water and stock cube, season well with salt and pepper, then place into the preheated Crock Pot Cradle.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours over low heat (3-4 hours on high heat)
- Once cooked, stir well, then add the cream, tomatoes and coriander.
- Check the seasoning and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket