- 500 g lamb mince
- 2 small onions, very finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped not too large
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 600 ml lamb or beef stock
- 100 g red lentils
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp soft butter, heaped
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50 g butter, really up to you.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lamb, onions, carrot, thyme, stock and lentils into a saucepan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the lentils and carrots are cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the soft butter and flour together.
- Boil the two potatoes until very soft, then mash, adding the butter, salt and pepper.
- Once the mince is cooked, turn down to a simmer and mix the soft flour and butter together.
- Beat in enough of the butter/flour mix until the mince thickens, then bring to a boil. The mix needs to be fairly thick.
- Pour into a casserole dish and cool.
- Once cooled, pile on the mash,
- Preheat an oven to 200C gas 6.
- Bake for 25 minutes to brown nicely and warm through.
- Serve with sautéd swede see recipe
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket