- 300 g fresh lasagne sheets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 500 g lean minced beef or veggie meat substitute
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 large glass red wine optional
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 beef stock cube
- touch of water
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 300 milk
- 20 g flour
- 20 g soft butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions for 15 minutes, then add the garlic cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the mince and cook until lightly coloured.
- Add the flour and soak up the fat, then add the wine, tomatoes, stock cube, water, herbs and salt ands pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes, take care it may catch slightly.
- Meanwhile make the white sauce.
- Heat the milk, whilst that is warming, mix the butter and flour together well, then whisk into the simmering milk, it will thicken almost immediately.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Heat the oven to 180C gas 4.
- Spoon a little meat sauce into a 2 litre baking dish, roughly 25cm x 25cm.
- Place over lasagne sheets to cover well.
- Add a layer of white sauce.
- Add a layer of pasta and then more meat sauce
- Add layer of pasta and finally a little meat sauce and top with the rest of the white sauce.
- Sprinkle well with cheese and bake in the pre heated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating with a large green salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket