- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g strong white flour
- 40 g salted butter
- 25 g baking powder
- 70 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp dried lavender, (heaped)
- 150 buttermilk
- 1 egg beaten or milk
- 300 lightly whipped double cream
- 2 tsp lavender oil
- finely grated zest 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp good quality lemon curd
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Rub the flours, butter and baking powder together until you have fine breadcrumbs then add the sugar and lavender.
- Gradually add the buttermilk, the mixture should be really wet and soft
- Remove from the bowl and bring together.
- Roll out and cut 8 x 7cm x 2cm deep scones.
- Place onto a greased baking tray cover with film lightly and leave for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Remove the film brush with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until well risen and light brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, fold the lavender oil, lemon zest and lemon curd into the soft cream.
- Split the scones in half and top with the lavender cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket