This is one of our easiest recipes ... only 3 ingredients! Try this delightfully zesty lemon creamy dessert, and we think you'll agree it's so much better than a shop-bought dessert!
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150 ml carton double cream
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 large unwaxed lemons (about 150ml)
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Whisk the condensed milk and cream together until thick and very light for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whip for a few seconds only as the mixture will thicken very quickly.
- Spoon the lemon cream into ramekins or a large trifle bowl, and then chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- To serve, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lemon juice and sprinkle a little onto the lemon cream.
- Most creamy mousses need some setting agent, gelatine being the most popular. Here, the reaction between the acid from the fruit, the condensed milk and the cream make a great setting combination.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket