- 600 g lemon sole or plaice fillets folded in half or into 3, or monkfish cut into 4cm pieces, and any fish will do really prawns are great too.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- freshly ground pepper
- 800 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 150 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 dash vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- small glass of water
- Heat the base of the Dutch oven, over the coals, add the tomatoes, paste, olives, sugar, vinegar and crumble in the stock cube, a dash of water, bring to the boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and coat in the sauce.
- Cover with the Dutch oven lid, pile on a few coals and gently simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the fish is JUST cooked through.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket