Short on time this Christmas? Here is a sure-fire way to create a great tasting Christmas Pud in just a couple of hours.
- 250 ml sloe gin
- 50 g black treacle
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g sultanas
- 1 small apple, grated
- 200 g chopped Medjool dates
- 100 g currants
- 50 g candied fruits chopped, optional
- 150 extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds
- 100 g plain flour
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 0.25 tsp salt
- Place the sloe gin, treacle, spice and sugar into a pan and just dissolve over low heat.
- Add the fruit to a bowl, pour over the warmed mixture, then add the olive oil. Cover with cling film and leave to cool completely overnight to allow the fruit to plump up.
- The next day. Add the almonds and flour, mix briefly, then add the eggs and finally salt.
- Spoon into a 2lb non-stick loaf tin sealed well with oiled foil.
- Place the tin into and deep tray and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the tin (make sure it's this high at all times)
- Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, 190C Gas 5. The centre of the pudding should be above 65C.
- Once cooked, remove from the tray and wrap in cling film. Cool and refrigerate.
- I slice and gently warm in a microwave and serve with sauce or butter.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket