This cheesecake is based on the classic American dessert, Key Lime Pie, updated with the addition of bitter chocolate. Really easy to prepare and make. The result is simply stunning.
- 85 g butter
- 250 g shortbread biscuits, crushed
- 400 g full fat soft cheese
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 55 g bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- 8 thin lime slices
- 55 g icing sugar, (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Press onto the base of a 23 cm cake tin. Chill for 10 - 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soft cheese, condensed milk, lime zest and juice for 5 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place it on a serving plate. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and sides, then leave to set.
- Gently simmer the lime slices in a saucepan to which you have added the icing sugar and water. There should be barely enough water to cover the slices. The syrup will reduce to a sticky coating on the limes, and you need to make sure you remove the saucepan from the heat before the lime slices colour or brown.
- Transfer the lime slices to baking parchment to set before placing on the cheesecake.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket