Spring has sprung and this is a really simple salad to enjoy in the Spring air.
- 2 Little Gem lettuce
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes
- 50 g lambs lettuce
- 100 g cooked cold peas
For the dressing
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, broken into pieces
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped basil
- 8 heads garlic flowers (if you can get them)
- Cut the Little Gem lettuce heads into 8 long wedges, then the same with the tomatoes.
- Place in a bowl and add the lamb's lettuce and peas.
- Place the sliced red onion into a bowl with mustard and vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the onion dressing over the lettuces and tomatoes, and mix well.
- Finally, add the mozzarella and basil, sprinkle over the garlic flowers and serve.
- Alternatively, use a little roasted red pepper oil dressing to bind the salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket