Remember the secrets of a good burger. First, use minced or ground steak or, as the Americans call it, chuck steak; an 8mm size mincing plate is perfect. Second, use meat that has a minimum of 15% - 20% fat content. Mince the meat twice, then mix very well, they will bind easier, and the burger will hold its fat and moisture better.
- 500 g minced beef (15-20% fat content)
- 3 tbsp dried natural breadcrumbs
For the build
- 200 g grated strong Cheddar cheese
- 12 rashers streaky bacon American style if you can
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar, left for 15 minutes to soften
- 12 small long slices cooking Chorizo, lightly fried
- 6 large burger buns, sliced in half
- Just mix well together, and add salt and pepper if you want to
- Mould into patties and grill fry or bbq.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket