- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 frozen lobsters defrosted
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 2 pots chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- Pinch chilli powder, optional
- Boil the potatoes until cooked then strain and cool in cold water, strain again.
- Mix up the mayonnaise, ketchup, pepper, chives and a little vinegar to taste.
- Pull the claws and the knuckles from the lobster.
- Place the defrosted lobster onto a chopping board, using a sharp knife cut in half straight through the centre of the lobster from one end to the other.
- Remove the tail carefully, then slice in half, remove the flesh from inside the body and discard, then rinse under cold water.
- Crack the claws carefully with the back of a knife and remove the claw whole, if possible, and the flesh from the knuckle joint.
- Mix half the cocktail dressing with the cooked potatoes, then spoon into the 8 half shells evenly, into the tail and body cavity.
- Lay the sliced in two tail sections, then the claw in the body cavity.
- Repeat and chill well until ready to serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket