Homemade crab cakes are nothing like ones you might find in the freezer cabinet. Fresh crab is just amazing.
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp English mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp dried breadcrumbs, approx you may need a little more
- 400 g white crab meat
- 200 g brown crabmeat
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the egg, mayo, mustard and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl.
- Add the brown crabmeat and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Next, add the white crabmeat and onions and gently stir in. Try not to break up the meat too much.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Mould into small patties and pop in the fridge to set up best 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, remove the patties, dust in a little cornflour or arrowroot and gently fry each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with a poached egg, optional.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket