A simple and easy to prepare recipe for a delicious pudding (0.9 units of alcohol per portion).
- 24 Savoy sponge fingers
- 10 g 3 leaves gelatine, soaked in plenty of cold water
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 200 Baileys Irish cream, (optional or similar Cream Liqueur)
- 100 g natural marzipan, very small cubes
- 100 ml milk
- 4 75 x 95mm deep glass tumblers OR lightly oiled teacups
- Cut the 24 sponge fingers to fit the tumblers or teacups and arrange around the edges, leaving the cut side uppermost.
- Mix the milk, cream and Baileys® Irish cream, then place half of the mixture into a saucepan and heat.
- Once it is simmering, add the marzipan and the soaked gelatine, then remove from the heat and mix well. The marzipan will melt after a couple of minutes.
- Whisk well or use a stick or normal blender to incorporate the marzipan.
- Once blended, pour into a bowl and add the rest of the cold mixture, and mix well.
- Pour into the lined tumblers or teacups. The fingers will rise; push them down until they soak up the mixture.
- Then chill well, best overnight.
- To turn out, place the tumbler into warm water and slide the charlotte out and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket