- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, cut into 1cm cubes, roughly
- 410 g canned chickpeas, drained well
- 100 g frozen peas
- 225 g Basmati rice
- 400 g Spam, 2 x 200g cans, cut into 1cm cubes
- 600 ml boiling water
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted cashew nuts
- chopped fresh coriander, optional
- low-fat natural yoghurt, optional
- Heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes without burning.
- Add the onion, garlic and courgettes and cook for 2-3 minutes to brown slightly.
- Next, add the chickpeas, frozen peas and rice and mix well to coat the rice.
- Add the Spam, boiling water, pepper and nuts and mix well.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and place in the oven.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes, or until fluffy and all the water absorbed.
- When cooked, remove from the oven, fork up well, place the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes before eating.
- Serve with a little chopped coriander and natural yoghurt.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket