- 250 g self-raising flour
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder, level
- 1 tsp mixed spice, level
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml milk
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g mincemeat
For the Sherbet dusting
- 2 oranges, finely grated peel
- few drops pure orange oil
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp citric acid
- Preheat the oven to 190C gas 5.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, without beating.
- Place muffin cases in the tin or push and fold the greaseproof paper squares into the tin.
- Spoon half the mixture into the cases, then add a spoon of mincemeat, add more mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove and cool.
- Everything you use for this recipe must be absolutely dry, or else the sherbet will not work.
- Spread the lemon peel onto a sheet of baking parchment and dry it in a very low -temperature oven at 50 C for about 20 minutes, allow to cool completely.
- Crumble the orange peel between your fingers, and add a couple of drops of orange oil.
- Sift the icing sugar and the remaining ingredients into the orange zest.
- Mix well, grinding the contents to a fine powder with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the cooled muffins and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket