- 700 ml milk
- 200 g frozen chopped onions
- 1 fish stock cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 65 g plain four
- 75 g very soft salted butter
- 2 tsp fish sauce, optional
- 1 kg frozen mixed seafood, (2 x 500g packs)
- 150 g frozen green beans
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp frozen parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp frozen chopped tarragon
- 10 frozen potato waffles, defrosted and cut into squares
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place the milk, onions, stock cube, salt and pepper into a thick-bottomed saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes to soften the onions.
- Mix the flour, butter and fish sauce to a smooth paste.
- Place the frozen seafood, beans, peas and herbs into a large bowl.
- After 5 minutes, whisk in the softened butter. Mix the sauce. It will thicken quickly.
- Pour over the frozen seafood mix and really mix well, then spoon into a baking dish that is nice and deep, so the mix comes 3/4 of the way up.
- Place quarters of the waffles on the diagonal into the top of the mix, nice and proud, then pop into the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes or until the centre of the pie is piping hot.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve with dash tomato ketchup or a spoon of mayo.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket