- 2 large buffalo mozzarellas
- 1 large tin loaf
- 200 g tub Moroccan style hummus
- 150 g jarred roasted red and yellow peppers
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced, not too thinly
- 180 g jar red pesto
- 150 g Parma ham or large chorizo slices, or both
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas 6
- Slice the mozzarella into 4 thick slices. Next, cut the loaf into 4 slices horizontally and lay each slice onto a chopping board.
- Spoon the hummus evenly on the bottom three slices of bread, then season each with salt and pepper
- On the base slice of bread, lay half the peppers and tomatoes, and spoon over a bit of pesto.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, press down and then lay over the Parma ham or chorizo and the mozzarella, then add a little more pesto.
- Now lay the next slice of bread on top and add the rest of the tomatoes and peppers. Finally, spoon over a little more pesto and top with the final crust.
- Place the loaf onto a very large piece of foil and wrap the loaf. Next, wrap in a second large piece of foil and squeeze nice and tight.
- Place onto a baking tray and pop into the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and press nice and tightly again - the more you press, the better the chilled loaf will cut the next day. Cool and chill well, best overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge the next day and take it on your picnic. Open and slice to order; it’s as easy as that.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket