Wrap up Halloween with these delicious pumpkin pies
- 750 g shortcrust pastry ready rolled
- 500 g roasted mashed pumpkin
- 175 g strong Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g roasted pumpkin seeds
- dash vinegar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Roll out half the pastry nice and thin, then cut out 12 large circles to fill a shallow non-stick 12 hole baking tray. Then chill well.
- Mix the pumpkin, cheese, seeds, salt, pepper and vinegar well.
- Roll the rest of the pastry and cut into 1/2cm thin strips.
- Lightly egg the rim of the pastry.
- Lay a few strips sticking to the rim of the pastry circles.
- Spoon in the pumpkin and then flatten slightly.
- Fold over the strips loosely to look like a mummy. Then repeat with the rest
- Once done brush with beaten egg and slide 2 currants, to resemble eyes into the strips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, then cool
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket