What could be better with Fish & Chips?
- 225 g dried green or marrowfat peas
- 50 g unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Soak the peas overnight in cold water.
- The next morning rinse the peas well, then place them into a saucepan.
- Just cover with cold water, and bring to a boil.
- Skim well, then simmer until they are soft and just falling apart, and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, seasoning with salt, pepper and butter.
- The result should be nice and soft, with a buttery edge.
- Cover and keep warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket