A very special dish for some very special guests. This Morning was lucky enough to have been visited by Their Royal Highnesses, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to celebrate our 30th anniversary.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 thick mutton neck chops
- ¾ tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp (heaped) tomato puree
- 2 small onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped and washed really well
- 0.5 small swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50 g barley
- 600 boiling water
- 2 lamb stock cubes
- 100 g black pudding, crumbled
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced in 0.5 cm pieces
- ¾ tbsp melted butter, roughly
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180. Gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a 25cm x 12cm deep saucepan. Add the lamb brown really well this will take a few minutes, then remove.
- Add the flour and tomato puree to soak up any excess fat from the meat.
- Add the vegetables and barley stir well, then add the boiling water and sprinkle in the stock cube.
- Add a little pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Layer the lamb on top of the vegetables, sprinkle on the black pudding and finish with the sliced potatoes. Overlapping slightly and pressing down.
- Dust well with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on and place into the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
- At the 1 hour mark, remove the lid carefully, the potatoes will be cooked.
- Leave to cook uncovered for a further 45 minutes.
- The potatoes will brown nicely. Serve
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket