It's tough to beat a steaming bowl of spicy, chilli and you can have it vegetarian too!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 400 g beef mince, best with a 20% fat content
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp paprika, optional
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, level
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 300 water, roughly
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 20 g beef Oxo cubes, (2 x 10g)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke, optional
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 400 g kidney beans, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped avocado
- sour cream
- soft tortillas
- fresh coriander
- hot dog sausages
- hot dog rolls
- Heat the oil. Add onions and garlic and soften.
- Add the mince and break up well with a wooden spoon. Then cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown nicely.
- Next, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Mix well and taste adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes gently, then adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with the sides.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket