Traditionally Raita includes cucumber. This version has a little more crunch with carrots and is delicious with a poppadum or two.
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin, cumin
- pinch chilli flakes
- 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 250 low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tamarind puree or the juice of 2 limes
- 2 large organic carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix everything apart from the carrots.
- Taste to see if you are happy, adjust if necessary.
- Pour over the carrots, mix well and add the mint, then cover.
- If you can, leave at room temperature for an hour or longer to fully develop the flavours.
- Before serving. Remix, taste and season again if needed. Serve with the curry.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket