This is a brilliant way to cook pork; it's so moist and tender you will be queuing up for seconds for sure.
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Roughly 500-600g roasted shoulder or belly por, fattier the better cut into 3cm pieces
For the Sauce
- 150 ml soy sauce or tamari
- 150 ml water
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Heat the oil in a large shallow saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well, then bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the pork and coat well in the sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to warm through the pork, stirring every few minutes.
- The sauce should end up coating the cooked pork nicely.
- Serve with plain rice noodles or plain boiled rice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket