Shop bought onion rings are nothing like these, so be prepared for a real treat.
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 1cm rings
- 200 g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 568 milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Push the onion rings out of each other. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Place the onion rings into the flour, then into the milk and back into the flour. Repeat this so that you coat the onion rings twice.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 180C.
- Fry the rings in small batches.
- Then season well with salt whilst still hot from the fryer.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket