Dark nights are coming so brighten your day with a Cheese Toastie
- 4 slices multi seed /granary bread
- 8 spicy Pepperdew peppers, drained and very finely chopped
- 2 tsp English mustard, (level)
- 150 g coarsely grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices American style plastic cheese
- freshly milled black pepper
- Place 2 slices of bread onto a chopping board. Butter the bread well with salted butter and a little mustard.
- Place 1 slice of American cheese onto the butter. Then top with the grated Cheddar, and then sprinkle over the peppers.
- Season well with black pepper, then top with the 2 slices of American cheese.
- Butter the last two pieces of bread and the rest of the mustard.
- Place butter/mustard side down onto the cheese and press down well.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan add 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the two sandwiches side by side.
- Heat the pan and cook the toastie for 2-3 minutes to brown, then carefully turn over and place into a hot oven 200C and cook for a further 4-6 minutes until the cheese has just melted, do not overcook.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, then cut in half diagonally and serve with brown sauce to dip in.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket