Homemade fish fingers packed with juicy fresh fish and a crunchy coating are a far cry from the ready-made versions.
- 400 g haddock, or Pollock, skinned, boned loin fillet (8 x 50g pieces)
- 4 tbsp tartar sauce
- ground pepper
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 300 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 50 any oil
- wraps, white bread, Rocket, finely shredded Iceberg lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup, Siracha, tartar sauce
- tartar sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup
- Spoon a little tartar sauce over each of the pieces of fish, then a little ground pepper.
- Dust each one lightly in cornflour and remove any excess.
- Dip or brush each piece of fish with beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs, press well and chill well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the fingers gently for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I don't add any extra salt, as you have sauces to compensate.
- Make the sandwich with your choice of bread fillings and sauces.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket