Mashed potatoes are a popular comfort food loved by everyone.
- 500 g raw, peeled mashing potatoes, such as Marfona, King Edward, etc.
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cut the potatoes into medium-sized chunks, then wash well in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked through but not falling apart.
- Tip into a colander and drain really well.
- Place the potatoes back into the pan over low heat, steam slightly to remove all moisture, and shake the pan occasionally.
- Off the heat, using a masher or mouli, gently mash the steaming potatoes until fully broken down.
- Add the cheese, olive oil and parsley to taste.
- Serve with steamed or fried fish and roasted chicken breast.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket