Mashed potatoes are a popular comfort food loved by everyone.
- 500 g raw peeled mashing potatoes, such as Marfona, King Edward, etc.
- 75 g melted salted butter
- 150 ml approx. warm milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Cut the potatoes into medium-sized chunks, then wash well in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked through but not falling apart.
- Tip into a colander and drain really well.
- Place the potatoes back into the pan over low heat, steam slightly to remove all moisture, and shake the pan occasionally.
- Off the heat, using a masher or mouli, gently mash the steaming potatoes until fully broken down.
- Add butter, milk, salt and pepper and using a hand whisk or wooden spoon, gently beat until light and fluffy.
- You can add a little more milk at this stage because as the mash cools, the starch in the potatoes will thicken slightly.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket