- 350 g self raising flour
- 140 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 175 g unrefined Demerara sugar
- 240 ml water
- 140 g mixed dried fruit
- 1 tsp mixed ground spice
- 1½ tsp baking powder, level
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the butter, sugar, salt and water into a saucepan and simmer for a minute.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in all the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon into a lined 1lb loaf tin and pop into the preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes or until well risen and slightly firm to the touch.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket