- 8 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp malt or any vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar, level
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 6-8 tbsp Siracha hot sauce, or any mild chilli sauce
- juice 1 large lemon
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium chicken, cut into 4 quarters
- Place all the ingredients into a liquidiser and blitz to a fine paste, and you may need a little more oil to get a nice consistency.
- Place the quarters into a baking dish and cover well with half the marinade all over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic film and chill for a couple of hours. Best if you can leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C gas 6.
- Heat and overproof pan and add a little oil.
- Add the chicken skin died down and gently sauté over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn over.
- Pop the pan into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Leave to rest covered with foil for at least 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Serve with the rest of the sauce, braised rice and macho peas.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket