This tasty lunchtime treat is a winner every time.
- 150 g strong Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp English mustard powder, level
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Basil, fresh chopped
- 50 g Sunblush tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 slices Bread, cheap bread is best
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Toast the bread on one side only.
- Place the cheeses, mustard powder, peper, wprcestershire sauce and egg yolksinto a bowl and mix well.
- Pile the cheese mix onto the uncooked side of the toast in the centre, and then spread out the mix to the edges, keeping the centre slightly domed and smooth
- Repeat with the second slice, then place both on a baking tray
- Once the top is starting to lightly brown, slide the tray onto the bottom of the grill and cook until all the chee is glazed, slightly domed and smooth
- Cool for 1 minute so the cheese and egg set slightly, then cut into triangles and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket