- 200 g salted butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 260 g plain flour
- Place the butter, salt and castor sugar into a mixing bowl beat until just soft.
- Add the egg yolk and flour and mix to a stiff dough.
- Remove from the bowl, wrap in cling film and chill well.
- Roll out and use when needed. However, do take care to roll quickly as the butter warms up very quickly, making it difficult to work with.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Roll out and cut to the desired shape.
- Cook on baking parchment for 10-15 minutes and set and check to see if lightly coloured.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave it to cool/set for 15 minutes before you attempt to remove it. If you try too quickly, they will break.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket