Try these simple biscuits, perfect for edible gifts for Christmas... wrap them in cellophane and box them up with ribbon - the kids will love to help too!
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160C, 320F, Gas Mark 3.
- Rub the butter and flour together.
- Add the sugar, soda, cream of tartar, salt and ginger.
- Mix well. Add the Golden syrup and mix until crumbly.
- Press into a 12 x 8 tin lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Leave to cool, then cut into fingers.
- Shelf life in an airtight container 10 to 14 days.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket