Best toad recipe here, secret being the oven must be hot, use an ovenproof frying pan and only have the batter a couple of cm deep in the middle of the pan. This will ensure a well risen, crispy side and cooked slightly soft bottom.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 large sausages
- 2 medium eggs
- 115 g normal plain flour
- ½ pint milk
- ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C gas 7.
- Place the oil into a 25cm non-stick frying pan.
- Add the sausages and brown nicely.
- Place the flour, eggs and half the milk into a large bowl.
- Whisk slowly, gradually incorporating the flour from the edge of the bowl.
- Finally, add the rest of the milk and whisk well, then add salt and pepper.
- Pour into the hot sausage pan and quickly place into the hot oven.
- Straight away, reduce the temperature to 200°C gas 6.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until well risen and golden edges.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket