Yes, you can buy great Viennteta from the frozen aisle, but this is really worth the effort.
- 6 medium egg whites, 185g at room temp
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 175 g caster sugar
- 300 ml whipped double cream
- 100 ml bitter chocolate, melted but cooled
- Wrap a baking tray in several layers of cling film.
- Cut a piece of paper 23cm x 10cm and place them on the cling film, then cover again with cling film nice and tight so you have a template to work to.
- Place the egg whites into a bowl with the cream of tartar and whisk until nice and foamy, then add half the sugar and whisk to a really firm meringue.
- Rain in the last of the sugar and whisk again until really thick and glossy.
- Once ready, whisk fold into the double cream carefully until incorporated.
- Pipe using a large flatten plain nozzle from side to side on the paper template.
- Spoon down the middle some melted chocolate.
- Pipe again and repeat with the chocolate.
- Finally, pipe and swirl down the centre of the Viennetta and flick over a little chocolate and freeze until really firm, probably best overnight.
- Slice and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket