- 750 g new potatoes, scrapped clean and cut lengthways
- 10 tbsp fresh basil, (2 small bunches) chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained then chopped
- 2 tbsp gherkins, finely chopped
- 4 salted anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil, roughly
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 hard boiled egg finely sieved
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until cooked
- Drain well in a colander and cover with cling film and leave for 20 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the egg yolks and oil into a food processor and blitz until you have a chunky puree.
- Add the oil gradually in a thin stream. You may need a little more.
- Add a dash of water if needed and the egg.
- Stir through the warm potatoes and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket