- 750 g 1cm cubed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried garlic granules
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 400 g can coconut milk
- 1 can of water
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, heaped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, (10g)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 500 g microwaveable Basmati rice, warmed for 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan and then add the pumpkin and cook over high heat to take some really good colour.
- Next, add the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook over high heat to drive off the moisture and take a little colour.
- Add the milk, water, peanut butter, stock cube and whisk, bring to a simmer, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the frozen spinach balls and break them up in the stew. Bring back to the simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour and water together well and add to the simmering curry. It will thicken pretty much straight away.
- Stir well and serve with microwavable packet Basmati rice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket