- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions , peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 4 medium Bramley apples, peeled cored and chopped roughly
- 150 g Medjool dates, stoned and chopped into 8 small pieces
- 200 ml pomegranate syrup
- 400 ml cider vinegar
- 400 g soft brown sugar
- Heat the oil, add the onions, ginger, garlic, and curry paste, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the apples, dates, syrup, vinegar and brown sugar and warm until the sugar has dissolved. Stir occasionally to the boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once boiling, cook until thick and well reduced.
- Pot into sterilised jars, seal and cool.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket