- 600 g peeled medium asparagus
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 500 g all butter puff pastry
- 10 tbsp Hellmanns mayonnaise, roughly
- 75 g rocket, roughly
- 5 tbsp good quality pesto
- 30 small baby mozzarellas
- 100 g pinenuts
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Mix the asparagus with salt, ground pepper and olive oil.
- Pan-fry the asparagus for 3-4 minutes to get a little colour, then reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 190C gas 5.
- Roll out the puff pastry nice and thin into 2 x 35cm x 15cm strips.
- Dock the pastry, but leave a 3cm edge all around undocked.
- Place on a baking tray spread a thin layer of mayo over the forked area.
- Add the rocket next, keeping on the mayo.
- Next, lay the asparagus neatly together on top of the mayo and rocket, making sure they are inside the 3cm edge.
- Spread over a little pesto, halved baby mozzarella, pinenuts and Parmesan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until crisp and cooked with nice colour.
- Cool and chill well before cutting.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket