- 600 g fresh loch trout fillets, (4 x 150g) no skin or bones
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 0.5 small cucumber, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp chopped fresh red chill, (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil and butter dust the fillets all over with the seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients or the salsa and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place the fillets into the hot oil and butter, cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip over, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the pan whilst still slightly undercooked and leave to rest.
- Serve with the salsa.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket