A perfectly well-balanced salad that's easy to prepare and makes delicious lunchbox food.
- 500 g cherry or small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for drizzling
- 300 g Gluten-Free pasta shapes
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas mark 6. Line a roasting dish with foil.
- Remove the stalks from the tomatoes and place them in the lined dish. Mix the garlic slices in with the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes until the skins begin to colour.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Crush the tomatoes with a fork, drop in the basil leaves and stir. Add the tomato mixture and all the cooking juices to the pasta, season with black pepper. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with cheese, if using, to serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket