- 4 poached peaches, peeled and halved
- 500 g butter puff pastry, rolled out to 2-3mm thickness and rested chilled really well
- 8 tbsp thick cold custard made from powder and sweetened
- 8 tbsp peach or apricot jam
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- With a large plain cutter, cut discs of pastry 2cm larger than a peach half.
- Dock well with a fork, but leave 3cm from the edge.
- Brush the 3cm outer ring with beaten egg trying not to get any egg spilling over the edge as this stops the pastry from rising.
- Place a small tablespoon of custard in the centre of each disc, then top with a teaspoon of peach or apricot jam.
- Press a peach half on top of the custard and jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until well browned and the pastry cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, take a little of the poaching syrup and thicken with a little cornflour and water mix.
- Brush over the pastries and leave to cool.
- Serve with clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket