A very nice tasty salad, which is also quick to prepare, and a great combination of flavours and textures. I really like Cambazola cheese, it's great party food. I eat this as a main course but it also works well as a starter.
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 4 large ripe pears
- 200 g Cambazola cheese
- 2 tbsp peeled whole hazelnuts
- 300 g watercress
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the dressing by mixing the mustard, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the vinegar and mix well, then gradually add the olive oil in a thin stream whisking all the time, so you get a nice emulsified dressing. Taste the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Add the chopped parsley and carrot and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Cut the pears into quarters, carefully remove the core and cut each quarter in half again.
- Slice the cheese into equal slices and lay alternate pear and cheese slices around the serving plates.
- Chop the hazelnuts (not too small), add to the carrots and dressing with the watercress, then toss together.
- Season the salad and pile onto the plates, ensuring you don't cover the cheese and pears completely.
- Eat straight away with crusty bread or rolls.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket