- 8 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp malt or any vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 6 tbsp Sriracha , or any mild chilli sauce
- juice 1 large lemon
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 medium chicken, cut into 4 quarters
- Place all the ingredients into a liquidiser and blitz to a fine paste; you may need a little more oil to get a nice consistency.
- Place the quarters into a baking dish and cover well with half of the marinade all over the chicken. Set aside the other half of the sauce to use for mayonnaise and extra sauce.
- Cover with plastic film and chill for a couple of hours. Best if you can leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C gas 6.
- Heat an ovenproof pan and add a little oil. Add the chicken skin side down and gently sauté over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn over.
- Pop the pan into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Leave to rest covered with foil for at least 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Serve with some leftover sauce (saving 6-8tbsp), braised rice and macho peas.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket