- 200 g self raising flour
- 85 g fine cornmeal
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 carton of buttermilk, approx. 300mls
- 350 g blueberries (optional)
For the filling
- 12 slices crisp streaky bacon
- 4 poached eggs
- Maple syrup
- Place the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt into a bowl mix well.
- Add the egg and buttermilk milk and bring them together. You may need to add a little milk if the mix is a little thick.
- Stir in the blueberries if you are using them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 2-3 spoons of the mixture to the pan. Let the mixture run in the pan.
- After 2 minutes, flip over with a spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes. Repeat the process until all the mixture is cooked.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket