The Andouille sausage may be difficult to find; any good quality sausage can be used in this recipe.
- 800 g butter or cannellini beans
- 3 small onions, chopped and lightly fried
- 400 g pre cooked Andouille sausage
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- water or stock to cover
- juice a large orange
- You can use any tinned beans like haricot or cannellini. Make sure you drain them well into a sieve, cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- Chop the onion and fry with the pre-cooked sausage or ham, just enough to heat through.
- Add both the onion and the sausage or ham to the beans and the liquid. Next, roughly bash some garlic and add it with the squeezed orange juice. Leave it to cook gently for about 45 minutes. Keep an eye on the liquid level.
- Add some greens such as finely sliced cabbage, spring greens or spinach; season to taste.
- Garnish with a dash of olive oil when serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket