- 2 chicken breasts
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 Aubergine, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 glass of water
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp freshly milled black pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Slice the chicken breast lengthways into 3-4 slices.
- Flatten each chicken slice with a rolling pin and then dip them into flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Cook the aubergine, onion, garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. Add the water and stew down until the aubergine and onion have softened.
- Add the bay leaves, salt and pepper, allspice, black pepper, ground coriander, sugar, vegetable stock cube, capers and stir until combined. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well and continue to cook until the mixture is at our desired consistency.
- Cook the chicken slices in hot oil, turning on to the other side after a couple of minutes. Cook until the breadcrumbs are golden on both sides and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the Imam Bayildi with the chicken placed on top.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket